The inaugural episode of Hello Merge Tag is now live!
We checked in with Jacob Malinowski, a digital fundraiser with Goodman Campaigns, a firm dedicated to helping downballot, pro-choice candidates raise money through email, text and direct to donate ads.
He was recently involved in the Janet For Justice race, as Janet Protasiewicz ran a successful race for Wisconsin State Supreme Court. Jacob and his team helped raise $1.1 million for the campaign.
Dem donors will give to candidates who don’t spam, write substantive communications, and actually say a reason to give.
— No Jail Jacob! (@JPMalinowski) April 6, 2023
We checked in with him to find out how they did it, and what they learned along the way.
Jacob shared loads of tips and specific takeaways, including
- Some “magic words” he uses (or rather avoids)
- The benefits and dangers of starting with templates
- How to write downballot emails that feel genuine and authentic
- The power of top 10 lists in digital fundraising
- Growing lists from scratch
- The potential role of AI in digital fundraising programs
- And so much more
Stream the full episode right here, or wherever you stream podcasts.