Using Digital Communities to Move Beyond the Transactional With Myles Bugbee | Hello Merge Tag Ep 2
In this episode of Hello Merge Tag, we checked in with Myles Bugbee, a digital strategist with decades of experience in the field.
He’s worked with numerous campaigns, agencies and advocacy organizations, including a stint as the National Digital Director at For Our Future and as the Digital Director for Senator Jon Tester’s 2018 reelection campaign.
He now has his own boutique digital firm called Persuasion and Pixels that helps campaigns and causes run more effective and efficient digital programs.
In our overly fragmented world, Myles lays out the importance of trusted messengers and talks about how to use digital to cultivate a group, not of supporters, but of advocates for your campaign or cause.
“[I started] recognizing the value of moving past that transactional context, and moving to really building a two-way relationship with your supporters.”
Throughout the conversation, we talked about
- How to build and manage vibrant digital communities
- Things to consider before getting started
- The importance of seeing community as larger than just a group of people you can treat as an ATM
- Campaigns doing interesting and innovative things with digital community building
- The power of relational persuasion
- Why testimonials and user-generated content (UGC) matters
- How to approach digital communities differently if you’re a downballot candidate, compared to running a statewide race
- And much more!
Connect with Myles on Twitter or LinkedIn and find his firm Persuasion and Pixels.
Stream the full episode right here, or wherever you stream podcasts.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!